June 04, 2004

KOPITIAM

I was in Kuala Lumpur yesterday and went to have my breakfast at this quaint, 50's kopitiam, roughly translated into coffee shop.

It's the one situated betweem the Pasar Seni and the Masjid Jamek LRT station, opposite the Bar Council building. Can't recall its name, though.

I am sick, so I thought I'd go there for some yin yeong, (butter and kaya) bread and a hot Milo.

It's a nice place to hang out, even for youngsters. Way better than most coffee house with their over-priced drinks. I think I'll come here more often.

As usual, I was there by myself. Gazing off into its cracks and blotches of the shop. Wondering if our past leaders have came here before discussing about the nation's future and such.

Well, me being me... so, will be going to Penang by the end of this month. Hope to have a good training and seep into Penang's history, culture and some kopitiam,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home