February 04, 2004

PUNCTUAL BUSES IN MALAYSIA?

Last week I find myself going to Kuala Gula again. We embarked (this time with Audrey Foo and Vig) on a slow Thursday morning.

I was in Kuala Lumpur by 8:30 a.m., finding my way to Puduraya to get a bus ticket to Taiping.

Ticket cost : 16.10 RM.

This is my first time buying ticket to a town of another state. Quite an experience!

I called Audrey later to tell her I've gotten a place. She asked me to wait for them at the mamak in Central Market. It was tranquil, despite the building traffic flow. I ordered a teh ais and began working on the materials for the site visit.

We missed our 11:00 a.m. bus. Somehow... I don't know how but we missed it. So, we bought another ride up at 1:30 p.m..

Ticket cost : 8.10 RM. Half the price, not too bad.

We went to McD's to have a drink. Well, we managed to catch this bus. Both of them sat together as they have a lot to talk about. I sat by the window and watch K.L. during her hectic lunch hours.

On the highway, I started staring at the road whiz by; the green grass against the black tarred road with the white line that stretched on and on.... I noticed how my eyes are not fast enough to see everything that passes by.

Looking but seeing. I mean, it's kinda hard as well because the bus was traveling at top notch of 110 km/hr.

Stereotyping is looking but not seeing. You think that, just by looking you know things to its very core. I don't really fancy people who jump to conclusions.

Judging things that they do not understand or comprehend...and worst of all branding them with tags of some sort. I feel a lot of people do that. Well, by saying that it would include me.

However, I do do my best to give people second chances, a second impression... or that I try not to jump to conclusion too fast, too soon. These I always do. But who can, at all times see the big picture?

I didn't see the big picture when I subconciously tagged Malaysian buses with the 'LATE'-tag.

So, I've learnt.